The benefits of wearing the best boxing mouth guards are numerous. It can save you from breaking your teeth, chipping, or cracking them, and it will also protect the rest of your body from the injury that could occur if you happen to take a blow to the face during sparring.
However, many people find that they cannot find the right type of mouth protector for their needs. This is because there are so many different types of offers out there in today’s marketplace.
If this sounds like you then read on as we have compiled a list of 10 best boxing mouth guards which have been tried and tested by other consumers just like yourself so check them out below!
Looking for the perfect mouthguard?
You want to protect your teeth and jaw from injury, but you don’t know which boxing mouth guard is the best.
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Best Boxing Mouth Guards
- 2.1 1. Venum Challenger Mouthguard
- 2.2 2. Sports Mouth Guard by SISU
- 2.3 3. Impact Custom Professional Boxing Mouthguard
- 2.4 4. OPRO Platinum Elite Sports Mouthguard
- 2.5 5. Under Armour Mouthwear ArmourFit Mouthguard
- 2.6 6. Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard
- 2.7 7. Venum Predator Mouthguard
- 2.8 8. Shock Doctor Max Airflow Lip Guard
- 2.9 9. S SHURFIT MOUTHGUARDS 102 Degrees Heat Alert
- 2.10 10. 2 Pack Nxtrnd Rush Mouth Guard
- 2.11 Boxing is a great workout, but it can also be dangerous.
- 2.12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.12.1 Q1. Are mouth guards effective for boxing?
- 2.12.2 Q2. Why do boxers wear a mouthguard?
- 2.12.3 Q3. How should a mouthguard fit?
- 2.12.4 Q4. Can I drink with a mouthguard in?
- 2.12.5 Q5. Why are polymer mouthguards better?
- 2.12.6 Q6. Should a mouthguard be tight?
- 2.12.7 Q7. Can teeth get knocked out with a mouthguard?
- 2.12.8 Q8. What kind of plastic are mouthguards made of?
- 2.12.9 Q9. Why are mouth guards only for top teeth?
- 2.12.10 Q10. Are moldable mouth guards safe?
- 2.12.11 Q11. Do mouthguards work boxing?
Our Top Picks
Best Boxing Mouth Guards
The best way to find a mouth guard is to try them on. But if you can’t, then read this article! We have compiled a list of best boxing mouth guards which have been tried and tested by other consumers just like yourself so check them out below!
You won’t want to miss these top-rated products that are sure to meet your needs. These reviews will help you make an informed decision about what type of protector will work best for you.
We’ve done all the research for you! Our list of top 10 boxing mouth guards will help you find the perfect protection for your teeth and jaw so that you can focus on training instead of worrying about injuries.
|Boxing Punching Bags||Ratings||Price|
|Aero Mouthguard for boxing||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Impact Custom Professional Boxing||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|OPRO Platinum Elite Sports Mouthguard with Case||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Under Armour Mouthwear ArmourFit Mouthguard||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Everlast Evershield Double||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Shock Doctor Max Airflow Lip Guard||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|S SHURFIT MOUTHGUARDS 102 Degrees Heat||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Sports Mouth Guard by SISU||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Venum Challenger Mouthguard is a mouth guard that can be custom-fitted for your teeth and jaws. It comes with three different frames to fit your needs, Nexfit Gel Frame, High-Density Rubber Frame and Protective Sanitary Case. The mouthguards are designed to help protect the wearer’s teeth from contact with any object or surface during a collision.
- Nexfit Gel Frame: This frame has been made of soft material for better comfort when in use.
- High-Density Rubber Frame: Made of hard rubber for better shock management when in use.
- Protective sanitary case: Includes a storage bag that will keep the mouthguard clean and sanitized between uses
- Protect your teeth from injury.
- Keep your head safe during contact sports.
- Play with confidence knowing you’re protected.
- Be able to protect yourself without being afraid of the consequences.
With its sleek, slim design and built-in ventilation system, the SISU Aero mouthguard is a revolutionary new way to protect your teeth and gums during sports. The custom fit makes it easy to talk, breathe and drink without removing the guard – which contributes to better hygiene – while diffusix technology scientifically distributes impact forces from soccer, hockey, roller derby, lacrosse, basketball and other contact team sports. With a wider bite pad than most mouthguards of this kind for more comfort and improved moldability, so you can achieve a perfect fit at home with hot water or in boiling water on the stovetop (or even in the dishwasher), there’s never been an easier or more comfortable way to keep your smile safe!
SLIM DESIGN – The Aero’s slim design makes it easy to talk, breathe and drink without removing the guard.
BUILT-IN VENTILATION SYSTEM – The built-in ventilation system of the Aero allows air to flow freely through the mouthguard, keeping your breath fresh and reducing heat buildup in your mouth.
DIFFUSIX TECHNOLOGY – SISU’s patented Diffusix technology scientifically distributes impact forces from soccer, hockey, roller derby, lacrosse, basketball and other contact team sports.
- Protect your teeth and gums from injury.
- Keep your breath fresh and dryer than ever.
- Be confident in the game knowing you’re protected.
- Enjoy playing without worrying about getting injured.
Here at Impact Custom Professional Boxing, we understand that when it comes to safety, you can’t compromise. We make sure our customers are fully protected with the latest in mouthguard technology and materials.
It’s no wonder we’re one of the preferred suppliers for amateur and professional boxing organizations worldwide! There is a reason why over half of all Olympic boxers choose an Impact Custom Mouth Guard: because they know that without protection, their teeth will be knocked out.
MAXIMUM PROTECTION – The Impact Custom Professional Boxing Mouthguard is designed to provide maximum protection for athletes of all ages and levels.
6-7MM THICKNESS – It is made of soft, high-quality material that assures heavy impact absorbance and allows optimal oxygen flow.
EASY TO USE – Professional grade fast and easy to use impression kit makes the process quick and simple. Just boil water, mix the powder with it, pour it into your mouth, bite down on our tray for 10 seconds, then rinse off! That’s it!
When you play a sport, there’s always a risk of injury. Whether it’s from the ball itself or an opposing player, your mouth is vulnerable to severe damage as well.
The OPRO Platinum Elite Sports Mouthguard was created with these risks in mind and protects your teeth and gums during contact sports. The design of this product is unique because it offers three different levels of protection depending on what type of sport you’re playing: high impact, medium impact, or low impact.
It also has fins that break down to absorb shock from any collisions which might otherwise cause serious injuries around the jaw joint. To provide maximum comfort while still offering enough protection, this mouthguard can be customized by dentists who are familiar with this product.
With this, you can easily restructure the mouthguard to fit your teeth perfectly and maintain a good grip so it doesn’t slip out of place as you play.
One of the best features of this mouthguard is that it’s been trusted by professionals from different sports. Over 50 Olympians have used OPRO products.
- Protect teeth and gums during contact sports.
- Provides three different levels of protection depending on what type of sport you’re playing.
- Has fins that break down to absorb shock from any collisions which might otherwise cause serious injuries around the jaw joint.
- Feel confident knowing your mouth is protected when you play a sport.
This is a great mouth guard for those that want to protect their teeth and gums. The Under Armour Mouthwear Mouthguard provides full-coverage protection. It also fits securely around your teeth, making it very comfortable to wear.
This mouth guard features a thin and fitted design, so it’s perfect for breathing and allows you to communicate during sports. It also meets NFHS rules and has a set of well-fitting straps that go around the back of the head to hold the mouthguard in place, which means it’ll stay securely in place while you play.
The UA ArmourFit Mouthguard even comes with a free Under Armour Mouthguard Case so you can keep your mouthguard safe when it’s not in use.
- Fitted and strapless
- Designed for all contact sports
- fit, chew-resistance and allows you to talk and breathe easily
- Meets NFHS rules
- Protect teeth and gums from injury
- Stay comfortable while playing sports
- Feel like a pro when you’re on the field or court
Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard is the perfect solution for someone who wants to protect their teeth while still being able to talk or breathe easily. This product includes two mouthguards that are attached on either side of your head with a neoprene strap.
It can be used by anyone, including children. The Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard is easy to use and protects at an affordable price!
- Boil and bite design
- Center breath channel
- Includes plastic mouth guard case
- Protect your teeth and gums from injury.
- Keep your mouthguard in place for a more comfortable fit.
- Show off that you’re tough enough to play hard with the best of them.
Venum Predator Mouthguard is the latest in mouth protection technology. It provides maximum protection with a lightweight, comfortable design that won’t restrict breathing or speech.
This is achieved by using a super-soft inner layer combined with a hard outer shell that absorbs energy from blows to the head or jaw. The result is unprecedented safety for your lips, cheeks, tongue and teeth without sacrificing flexibility or breathability.
A protective shield surrounds your entire upper palate to provide advanced protection against concussions—something not offered by any other mouthguard on the market today! And unlike some competitors who use a double layer of rubber material on the outside, the Predator Mouthguard is made from the same high-quality Polycarbonate that companies like Oakley use to produce their sunglasses.
Venum Predator Mouthguard’s ergonomic design guarantees full protection without altering your natural breathing or speech patterns, which can be affected by some other bulky mouthguards. A perfect fit is guaranteed thanks to the Predator’s double adjustment system. A strong, extremely durable elastic strap closure holds the mouthguard in place and ensures maximum stability—but if you’ve ever had problems getting a proper fit with conventional mouthguards before, we guarantee that won’t be an issue with Venum’s new offering! The innovative design was developed
- Next fit Gel Frame
- provide optimal breathing
- High-Density Rubber Frame
- Comes with Venum protective case
- Improves breathing and speech.
- Feel more confident in the ring when your mouth is protected
- Look like a badass when you’re wearing it
The Shock Doctor Max Airflow Lip Guard is the world’s first scientifically designed best boxing mouth guards that can be worn without changing your breathing or talking patterns.
Shock Doctor engineers designed the new lip guard with a special “breathable” liner so you don’t have to worry about moisture building upon your lips, and they combined it with an innovative airflow system for maximum comfort.
The result is a revolutionary new mouthguard design that lets you breathe freely while giving you all of the protection of more traditional guards. Plus, this high-density foam model has been tested extensively by dentists and orthodontists to ensure its effectiveness against even extreme blows to your teeth.
The Shock Doctor Max Airflow Lip Guard will keep you safe during practices and/or games, and it will help you feel liberated from the uncomfortable feelings that traditional mouthguards often produce. The guard offers excellent protection against blows to the teeth, jaw, and chin.
The Shock Doctor Max Airflow Lip Guard is great for any athlete who has trouble using traditional guards because they interfere with breathing patterns. It’s also ideal for players who use braces or other protective equipment on their teeth. The product is made in the USA, and it comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Reinforced outer frame for increased protection, high-impact tech with large breathing channel.
- LATEX FREE, BPA FREE, Phthalate Free. Works with braces!
- design is made to relax the jaw and prevent teeth from blocking the breathing channel, adding even more flow capacity
- Wear without changing your breathing or talking patterns.
- The world’s first scientifically designed best boxing mouth guards for athletes who can’t use traditional guards.
- Comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Feel liberated from the uncomfortable feelings that traditional mouthguards often produce.
The S SHURFIT MOUTHGUARDS 102 Degrees Heat Alert was created to help keep your mouth cool during the summer. The inside of the mouthguard is lined with a special gel that absorbs heat from your breath and releases it back into the air, cooling you down.
It’s important to do your best to protect your mouthguard, though. The S SHURFIT MOUTHGUARDS 102 Degrees Heat Alert is very susceptible to heat, so don’t leave it in direct sunlight or near a radiator. And while the heat-resistant properties of this mouthguard are quite impressive, they can only protect against so much heat before the mouthguard itself overheats.
- indicate dehydration at 102° + by changing colors to alert your coach or trainer
- Re-boil, Re-fit, and Re-pair, tightest fitting mouth guards athletes can get
- Great for MMA, boxing, hockey, football, rugby, soccer, basketball and other contact sports
- Keep your mouth cool during the summer.
- Increase comfort while playing sports or doing outdoor activities in hot weather.
- Emotional benefits:
- Stay comfortable on a hot day.
- Give yourself peace of mind that you’re protecting your teeth and gums from heat damage.
There are so many different options when it comes to best boxing mouth guards. What is the best type of mouth guard for me? With so many choices, how can I know which one will be right for my teeth?
2 Pack Nxtrnd Rush Mouth Guard includes two pairs for about half the price of other types on the market! Durability: Another important factor to take into consideration is the durability of your mouthguard. If you’re an athlete that tends to grind their teeth at night, it might be best for you to get a more durable mouthguard so it can withstand long periods of wear and tear.
If durability isn’t one of your top concerns, but the price is, there are plenty of affordable mouthguards that will hold up well, so don’t feel the need to spend too much. Make sure your mouthguard can give you reliable protection for years to come!
- Equipped with innovative dual density frame technology as well as our enhanced airflow system.
- After molding the mouthpieces, the entirely shock-resistant body should lightly snap into place around your teeth and gums
- Facilitates and increases airflow
- Prevents jaw damage
- Reduces the risk of concussions
- Keeps teeth safe
- Comfortable fit for athletes
Boxing is a great workout, but it can also be dangerous.
Not only does boxing put you at risk for injuries like broken noses and concussions, but it’s also hard on your teeth. The constant jarring of the jaw from punches and kicks can lead to tooth loss over time.
A mouthguard is an important piece of equipment for any boxer looking to protect their teeth and prevent injury during training or competition. Mouthguards are designed with different thicknesses depending on the type of sport being played as well as the level of protection needed by the athlete.
For instance, a mouth guard used in football will have more padding than one worn in basketball because there is more contact between players in football than in basketball.
Custom-fit best boxing mouth guards will also ensure that it fits snugly in the athlete’s mouth so there is no chance of teeth shifting around inside the guard, which would increase the risk of damage to the jaw.
Q1. Are mouth guards effective for boxing?
Yes, mouth guards are effective for boxing. A mouthguard is a dental device that is placed over the teeth to prevent damage from occurring during physical activity. In gross anatomy, the upper jaw with teeth is called a maxilla and the lower jaw is called a mandible. Boxers wear a mouthguard to protect their teeth from being injured or knocked out by an opponent’s punch.
Q2. Why do boxers wear a mouthguard?
Boxers typically wear mouth guards to prevent injury to the face.
A boxer’s headgear often comes with a mouth guard or other facial protection, designed to shield teeth from injuries while also keeping unwanted blood and other fluids out of the mouth. The mouth guard also prevents concussions by dampening some of the impacts on the jaw. Usually, people that are not wearing any headgear should do dental work before boxing if available.
Q3. How should a mouthguard fit?
A mouthguard should fit the mouth tightly and not become dislodged when biting down. The inside of the mouthguard can be licked for a better fit.
Q4. Can I drink with a mouthguard in?
Some athletes drink water with a mouthguard in to help them be more hydrated during the game.
I’ve had people ask me if they can drink fluids or eat food with their mouth guard in, and I would tell them that it’s not recommended.
Q5. Why are polymer mouthguards better?
Polymer mouthguards are better for athletes of all ages because they are lighter, more comfortable, and less bulky than traditional mouthguards.
Q6. Should a mouthguard be tight?
A mouthguard should not be overly tight. When you have it fitted so it’s too tight, your jaw is restricted in movement, which can cause your teeth to grind or your jaw to lock when you chew. It also increases the chance that it will come out of your mouth during play.
Q7. Can teeth get knocked out with a mouthguard?
I once heard of a story of a woman who lost her two front teeth after taking a punch to the mouth while wearing a mouthguard. She woke up the next morning and found that both her front teeth had been knocked out.
Q8. What kind of plastic are mouthguards made of?
Mouthguards are made of a special type of plastic which is called polyvinyl chloride. This type of plastic is also used in water bottles. The mouthguards can be clear or come in various colors.
Q9. Why are mouth guards only for top teeth?
Mouthguards for the teeth in the front of your mouth, called lower incisors, are usually made by a dentist. This is because they’re particularly vulnerable to injury. After all, they’re used when biting down on food.
Q10. Are moldable mouth guards safe?
Moldable mouthguards are superior to hard-baked or boil and bite mouthguards because they can be molded to the exact shape of your teeth and gums. Molding a mouthguard requires boiling water, then carefully placing the guard into the hot water for approximately three minutes. The boiled water will create a moldable, soft plastic that can be shaped to cover your teeth and provide an ideal fit for your jaw.
Mouthguards made from this material also offer additional benefits:
* Moldability: These guards can be contoured and adjusted to fit snuggly and comfortably in your mouth. Unlike traditional guards, moldable mouth protectors adjust with you over time, so they will never wear out or break
Q11. Do mouthguards work boxing?
Yes, mouthguards work perfectly well in boxing and other combat sports. Mouthguards protect you from many things including broken teeth, jaw injuries and the worst-case scenario: concussions.
The key is to find a mouth guard that fits your mouth and works with your sparring partner’s mouthguard. For the perfect fit, the best way to go is to build it yourself. Here’s how:
1) Take a paper towel or toilet paper tube and measure across the tube with a string and cut it at the appropriate length (about 7 inches). Bend this so it forms a “C” shape and tie each end securely in place. Place this over your top teeth so that the “C” crosses over your molars.
2) Measure the string against your bottom teeth (the part that rests on the gums, not the teeth). This is your exact guard size.
3) Cut a piece of foam (or use an old mouthguard) to fit inside the “C” and secure it in place with duct tape. You now have a custom-made mouthguard that will fit comfortably and protect your teeth during training.