Whether you are just kicking off or are already into occasional or professional boxing, sparring, heavy bag punching, or fitness workouts, you can easily get the Best Boxing Glove under $100. Currently, there are a lot of brands that offer gloves at varied prices, ranging from low budgets to quite expensive ones.
We understand that glove’s price is the deciding factor for many users as most of us cannot afford expensive gloves or do not intend to invest much.
Beginner bodybuilding program – espace-musculation.com test 500 steroid rice in bodybuilding: basmati rice, whole, thai or white.
However, trying to save money and buying a cheap pair of gloves may cost you more down the line if you make the wrong choice. Hence, we are here to recommend to you the best yet economical gloves that we have concluded after thorough research and users’ feedback.
Our Top Picks
Best Boxing gloves under $100
Only because you do not want to spend a lot of money does not mean you need to settle with a low-quality product. The search for the Best Boxing gloves under $100 leaves us with a wide variety of high-quality gloves ranging from $20 to $99. We have already listed the ten best low-cost gloves in our Best Budget Boxing Gloves.
Here we will be focusing on mid-range gloves, which are the preference of a common boxer because of their high quality and performance without breaking the bank. Undoubtedly, many $150 plus gloves are top-notch but unless you are into professional boxing, you do not need to burden your pocket when a mid-range glove can serve the purpose well.
There are hundreds of gloves that are in the medium price range and are marketed so well that each glove feels like the go-getter. It gets so confusing to pick the best one that suits your needs. Fortunately, we have shortlisted quite durable and high-performing gloves for you that are manufactured by well-reputed brands at very reasonable prices.
Following are our top ten picks under $100 that meet the most important parameters of quality, comfort, protection and performance without splashing out hundreds of bucks. Some of these gloves are suitable for all training types while some are exclusively for sparring or heavy bag.
|Venum Elite Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Fairtex Universal BGV1-BR Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Ringside Gel Shock Super Bag Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Top king Super Air Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|RDX S5 Sparring Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Venum Impact Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Hayabusa original T3 Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Anthem Athletics Stormbringer II Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Pro Impact Leather Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1. Venum Elite Boxing Gloves – (Great Padding for Protection)
Venum Elite gloves are one of the high-quality hand-made gloves manufactured by Venum with solid craftsmanship. With a modern style look, a comfortable fit and reasonable padding, they can surely defeat many overpriced competitors.
- Durable Skintex
- Large hand compartment
- Maximum comfort and protection
- Long cuffs support wrists
- Takes less time to take off and on
- Thermal regulation
- Not original leather
- Boxers with small hands may face fitting issue
- It uses engineered synthetic leather named Skintex, which is very soft, comfortable and does not wear out quickly.
- The glove has high-density mesh under the grip bar of the palm, which regulates the heat and provides ample ventilation to the hands.
- The triple-density foam along with reinforced palms offers durability, maximum impact mitigation and more protection.
- The cuffs are long which offers maximum wrist support.
- The long Velcro is very convenient and requires less effort and time to put on or off.
- The attached thumb decreases the likelihood of injury.
- It has a big hand compartment which gives a good fit for boxers with large hands.
- It can be used for sparring, mitt drills and bag training.
- These gloves are available in 8-16 ounces.
2. Fairtex Universal BGV1-Breathable (BR) – (Best for all Purpose)
Fairtex is a very famous Thai brand that produces many top-notch combat sports equipment. BGV1-BR is the upgraded version of their best-selling universal gloves BGV1 with additional mesh and vent holes for maximum airflow and breathability. These are worthy of being the best boxing gloves under $100 because of their ergonomic features and promising performance.
- Durable Leather craftsmanship
- Sufficient padding
- Impressive Velcro grip
- Maximum airflow and breathability
- Ideal for light sparring, heavy bag and pad work
- Require some time to break-in
- Not suitable for bigger hands
- These gloves have authentic leather construction with durable stitching that holds on for years.
- Evenly distributed triple-layered foam system shields your knuckles and wrists. The dense padding is durable and shock-absorbent but takes some time to break-in.
- The shorter cuff of this glove makes clinching easier for fighters.
- The grip bar gives a tighter fit. However, it blocks a few clinching styles.
- The hand compartment is quite small and maybe a tight fit for big hands.
- Hook and Loop Velcro closure stabilizes the wrists and saves wearing time.
- The mesh palm, along with an added ventilation hole on the fingers and above the grip bar, regulates the heat effectively.
- Available in varied colors in sizes ranging from 8 oz to 16 oz.
3. Ringside Gel Shock Super – (Great comfort with Injected Molded Foam)
Ringside has been delivering the best boxing gear to the combat world for over thirty years. Their Gel Super Gloves are no exception and are very durable and comfortable for training with heavy bags. The embodiment of gel in addition to the unique foam makes them extra secure and shock absorbent for intermediate to high-intensity training.
- Durable leather exterior
- Gel injected lining and IMF padding for maximum comfort and protection
- Moisture-wicking inner lining
- An exceptional fit
- Attached thumb for added security
- Size may run small
- Limited size options
- Gloves have a minimalist design with a durable leather exterior and synthetic palm outer shell.
- The Gloves combine 2.5” thick Injected Molded Foam (IMF) padded foam with infused gel across the knuckles to produce comfortable, protective and shock-absorbing training gear.
- The water-resistant lining keeps the gloves moisture-free.
- Elastic wraparound hook & loop closure tightens the gloves securely and facilitates easy take on/off without external help.
- Attached thumb helps avoid slippage and injury.
- Come in three solid colors.
4. Top king ‘Super Air’ Gloves – (Outstanding padding & Excellent ventilation)
Top King was established in 2009 in Thailand by one of the family members owning the ‘Twins’ brand. They have a visionary line of products, depicting the fusion of the past with the future. The Super Air gloves are the upgraded version of their base model with an additional feature of mesh for breathability and are ranked as best boxing gloves under $100.
- Cowhide leather construction
- Offers maximum protection
- Compact hand compartment
- Elongated cuffs for better wrist support
- Easy to operate closure
- Attached thumb avoids injuries
- Highly ventilated
- Suitable for all training types
- Bulky look
- Difficult to clinch due to longer cuff
- Cowhide leather construction with enforced stitching at required places makes these gloves long-lasting.
- The gloves feature a tribal style design, which is quite popular.
- The multilayer foam padding is extremely comfortable and keeps your knuckles and fingers well protected.
- The extended cuffs protect the wrists and keep your hands firm for perfect punching. However, it is hard to clinch in these gloves.
- The compact hand compartment gives a snug fit while the attached thumb prevents eye and thumb injuries.
- The ClimaCool technology maximizes air circulation and keeps the gloves dry.
- Wraparound Velcro straps are easy to fasten and give maximum fit and wrist support.
- Available in 10 oz to 16 oz sizes.
5. RDX S5 Sparring Boxing Gloves – (Durable cowhide leather with great protection)
RDX is a UK-based renowned company that produces some of the highest quality and affordable gloves on the market. One of their best products is the RDX S5 Sparring Boxing Gloves. These gloves have an original leather exterior and offer excellent training or sparring experience.
- Durable cowhide leather
- Max-shock foam with gel lining shield the knuckles well
- Ventilated mesh panel
- A snug fit
- Stable wrists
- Excellent for sparring
- Offered only in one color combination
- Handcrafted using authentic cowhide leather which stays with you for many seasons
- Low-density Max shock foam padding with gel lining secures your knuckles and mitigates the punching impact.
- Mesh lining regulates the heat and wicks away all moisture. The anti-microbial feature reduces the growth of bacteria and keeps the gloves odor-free.
- A wide ergo-cut Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop closure is supported with an elastic band to give a tighter fit and wrist stabilization.
- Available in 10-16 oz sizes.
6. Venum Impact Boxing Gloves – (Great ventilation and a snug fit)
Needless to say, Venum is currently ruling the middle-range gloves market leaving behind its competitors. The Venum Impact gloves are one of their featured gloves and are referred as “weapons of mass destruction” due to their sustenance against intense and longer training.
- Durable, sturdy and Flexible
- Offers maximum protection and shock resistance
- Extended cuffs for wrist protection
- Suitable for all training types especially hard-hitting
- Excellent thumb protection
- Not original leather
- The 100% synthetic leather construction with Nuuk finish and reinforced seams make it very long-lasting, flexible and easy to maintain.
- Triple density foam is extremely secure and diffuses the impact of hard training.
- Longer cuffs with Velcro enclosure provide wrist protection, tight fit and easy adjustment.
- The nylon mesh inset is very comfortable and provides ultimate ventilation.
- Full attached thumb secures both you and your sparring partner.
- Perfect for sparring or longer training sessions.
7. Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves – (Unique construction with microfiber leather exterior)
Hayabusa is a well-reputed name in combat sports and manufactures durable equipment that offers quality, protection and aesthetics. Their T3 original gloves are one of the best boxing gloves under $100. These gloves are known for their unique construction, snug fit and excellent wrist support.
- Unique construction with microfiber leather exterior
- Excellent wrist support
- Exceptional fit
- Breathable and reduce odor
- No break-in required
- 90-day money back guarantee
- Not very lightweight
- A bit expensive
- The gloves have hand-made construction of top-notch microfiber leather, which is durable and can bear years of punishment.
- The user gets four-layer foam padding for hand and knuckle protection.
- The four interlocking splints at the back of the hand provide excellent wrist support.
- The gloves sport a Dual-X closure system for a secured fit, which keeps the hands firm and aligned.
- It is easy to wipe away all sweat because of the unique fabric of the thumb.
- The pocket-size, natural thumb alignment, and design give a snug fit and excellent punching experience.
- The anti-microbial inner lining effectively reduces bacterial growth and keeps your gloves dry and odor-free.
- The gloves take no time to break in and are excellent for bag work or sparring.
- These gloves come in 10, 12, 14, and 16 oz sizes, and are available in multiple colors.
- The best part is that you can return them and get your money back within 90 days, if unsatisfied.
8. Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves – (Great for Training & Sparing)
Revgear is Californian manufacture that offers excellent products with a winning formula of superior design and cutting-edge technology. Its Elite Leather gloves are great for boxers that want to train harder and better.
- Genuine Softech leather
- Thick padding gives ultimate comfort and protection
- Suitable for all training types
- Water-resistant lining to prevent sweat
- Velcro closure for a snug fit
- Attached thumb
- Sturdy leather may hurt your partner if sparring
- Offered only in black color
- They have an authentic Softech leather exterior with a pre-curved shape, which requires no break-in.
- Its narrow profile allows you to punch through your opponent’s guard with ease. The lightweight allows faster movements.
- It has RG-Ultra shock-absorbing dense padding on the entire punching area that offers full protection and comfort.
- The ergonomic hand pocket fits perfectly with all hand sizes.
- The palm is ventilated enough to help your hands breathe, and they stay sweat-free because of the presence of a water-repellant inner lining.
- The Ultra-Lock hook and loop closure provide full wrist support, easy adjustment and a snug fit.
- The attached leather thumb keeps your thumb and hand aligned in a natural fist shape.
- These are all-purpose gloves and can sustain long intense sessions.
9. Anthem Athletics Stormbringer II – (Solid padding with great leather quality)
Anthem Athletics is a young brand based in the USA that creates products using ultra-high grade materials, advanced construction techniques and anatomical designs. Crafted with premium full-grain buffalo leather and triple density foam, Stormbringer II is rightly one of the best boxing gloves under $100.
- Unique Buffalo leather
- Triple-density, high-impact foam
- Breathable mesh panel
- Fit snugly
- Suitable for all training types
- Over 25 different color designs
- Takes time to break-in
- Not recommended for sparring
- The gloves are handcrafted with high-grade buffalo leather outer, which is one of the most robust materials available. The premium leather and reinforced stitching promise durability and resilience.
- Triple density foam reduces the punching impact and provides excellent protection to your knuckles.
- Moisture-wicking lining keeps your hands dry.
- The thick Velcro wrist straps feature well-balanced padding and give excellent wrist support.
- The gloves may feel tight at first but they loosen over time.
- These gloves are ideal for heavy bag training and mitt work. However, they cannot hold on to sparring for very long.
- Lots of standard and custom leather colors to choose from that uniquely match your personality.
- Come in 12 oz, 14 oz and 16oz sizes.
10. Pro Impact Leather – (solid construction, good stitching & comfortable)
Founded by an Indian named Atul Mahajan in 2010, Pro Impact provides world-class sporting goods for various physical activities. We recommend their Genuine Leather boxing gloves because of their excellent craftsmanship, snug fit, protection and performance.
- Durable original leather
- Thick padding gives ultimate comfort and protection
- Long cuffs provide full wrist support
- A snug fit
- Easy to wear and adjust
- Suitable for all training types
- Offered in only one color
- Few complaints about tight-fitting, and padding getting thin over time
- The solid black color with no flashy graphics gives these gloves a classy look while the ergonomically designed shape promises accurate punches.
- The exterior is of high-quality genuine leather, which is very tough and can withstand heavy-hitting.
- These Gloves have extended cuffs for additional wrist protection. The hook-and-loop closure is less time-consuming and easy to adjust.
- The triple layer foam padding gives high protection to your knuckles and wrists during hard-punching and disperses the impact.
- The attached thumb is very secure, flexible and comfortable.
- They come in 12 oz, 14 oz and 16 oz sizes.
- They can also be used for home workouts, mitt drills, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and other combat sports.
Q1. How we can improve our boxing techniques?
Always stay fit, observe your boxing by shadowboxing in front of a mirror or by recording it, work on your weaknesses, study other famous boxers’ techniques and practice them.
Q2. Which pair of gloves are best for women?
Women generally have smaller hands and narrower wrists than men, so gloves with compact hand compartments and tight wrist closure should be a preference. You can also check our Best Boxing Gloves for Women for more relevant options.
Q3. Is the hand compartment size the same for 12oz, 14oz, and 16 oz?
Hand compartment sizes are usually designed to be fairly universal, so you should be able to fit your hands into any adults’ boxing gloves. However, higher-sized gloves are a bit larger because of more padding and hence are more suitable for big hands.
Q4. Do Ringside Gel Shock Super Bag gloves come in a 16 oz size?
No, they are not offered in 16oz size. Their medium is 12oz and the large is 14oz.
Q5. Is Hayabusa better than Everlast?
Hayabusa is better than Everlast because Hayabusa offers more durability, stability, and looks tougher.
Q6. Are cheap boxing gloves worth it?
Do you want to buy cheap boxing gloves? If so, are they worth it? For that, you will have to weigh the pros and cons of this purchase. It is important that you decide whether you are willing to compromise on quality for a lower price.
Cheap gloves will break easily. They might not fit securely on your hands, which could lead to injuries during sparring, warm-ups, or other training sessions. Cheaper gloves are usually made from synthetic materials rather than leather. They are more likely to stain easily and hold stains longer.
It is very important to get a high-quality boxing glove that not only protects your hands and wrists but is also comfortable, nicely fit, ventilated and delivers good punches
One should prefer genuine authentic leather gloves as they hold up better under direct force. However synthetic leather is not a bad choice if you are looking for a low-cost and easy-to-maintain glove. The ventilated lining in the palm area is also important to avoid odor and hand slippage.
The level of protection a glove offers is also very important. A different type of padding is required for different training. Dense padding is required for the heavy bags to protect your knuckles and mitigate the punching impact while soft padding is required for sparring to protect your sparring partner. Multiple layers of foam should be preferred as they are softer and more shock-absorbent.
Glove size is a very important factor that needs accuracy. Choose a glove size that fits your hands perfectly. It should neither be too tight to block your blood or cause irritation and discomfort, nor it should be loose resulting in loose focus or getting off during training.
The hand compartment should be compact and have a natural fist shape for a better fit and convenient punches. The wrist closure is also important as they enable the tightening of the gloves and provide support to your wrists. Commonly used closures are lace-up or Velcro. Lace-up is mostly used by professionals as they offer maximum fit but are time-consuming and need assistance for wearing. Velcro, on the other hand, is preferred by many boxers because of its convenience as it can be worn or adjusted easily by you.
Final Thought on Best Boxing Gloves under $100
We hope that we have given you a fair idea of what to look for in your required budget. There are many best boxing gloves under $100 that meet the criteria of a promising glove that lasts longer and performs better. A sensible buyer understands that spending less may cause him to spend more down the road so he should prefer the quality, comfort and construction of the glove over the cost.
However, it is not necessary that all expensive gloves are better performers as some gloves are overpriced. We, therefore, suggest you carefully choose one of the gloves mentioned above that matches your requirements.
Leave a Reply