If you are a woman, a kid, or a man with narrow palms and wrists and are looking for Best Boxing Gloves for small hands, you are in the right place. We all know that an excellent glove exhibits quality, durability, comfort, and protection.
However, one of the most important factors that we cannot overlook is that even a high-quality glove cannot boost your performance if it is ill-fitted. The right fitting of the gloves plays a vital role in boxing and other combat sports. A glove that does not fit well to your hands causes discomfort, injuries due to hands’ slippage, and less concentration, thus affecting your performance.
Our Top Picks
Fighting Sports S2 Gel Power
BEST BOXING GLOVES FOR SMALL HANDS
Boxing gloves are supposed to have a snug fit for better punching. This is from where the saying “Fits like a glove” came out. The rightly fitted glove is neither too tight to block your blood circulation nor too loose, resulting in slipping hands. Boxers with small hands should use gloves with small hand compartments and narrow wrists that fit well to their hand size. Right-sized gloves not only provide comfort and better hand placement but also boost your confidence to punch fearlessly.
Due to the rising competition, the present market is full of high-quality performance-delivering gloves. There are many gloves that have the same fundamental features with a little variation in design, curvature, cuff length, and hand compartment size.
But the most suitable glove for you is the one that fits your hands well. Fortunately/unfortunately, this narrows down the search of boxers with small hands to a few durable, high-quality, and well-protected gloves that have a perfect fit for their hands and wrists. Among these, Ten best boxing gloves for small hands have been listed down below for your referral. Try these out and let the desired fitting and comfort be the judge.
|Fairtex Heavy Hitter BGV9 Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Top King Super Air Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|RDX F7 Ego Training Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Twins Special BGVL3 boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Trideer Pro Grade Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Fighting Sports S2 Gel Power Sparring Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Fairtex Muay Thai BGV1-BR Training Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rival RB11 Evolution Bag Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Elite Sports Boxing Gloves||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Sanabul Battle Forged Muay Thai||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1. Fairtex “Heavy Hitter” BGV9 – (Great Wrist support with the long cuff and velcro attachment)
Fairtex has introduced a variety of high-quality gears from many decades that reflect their thorough research and exquisite craftsmanship. Handmade in Thailand, their BGV9 are termed as ‘heavy hitters’ and are Mexican style gloves.
- High-quality durable leather
- Mexican style sleek look and feel
- Exceptional fit
- Easy to operate closure
- Wrists stability and protection
- Pre-curved thumb
- Ideal for intense bag punching or mitt work
- Not recommended for sparring
- Premium leather construction and durable stitching enable these to stand the test of time.
- These are called heavy hitters because of the embodiment of double layers of high-density latex foam padding, which is distributed evenly throughout the glove for better performance.
- The gloves are meant for heavy training as the dense padding absorbs the hard-punching impact without affecting your hands and wrists.
- The Mexican style built with thin but dense padding gives it a less bulky look and feel.
- Nylon water-repellent lining keeps the hands moisture-free and prolongs the life of the glove.
- Longer cuffs provide wrists’ stability and protection without blocking movement.
- The ergonomic and compact hand compartment provides hand stability and a snug fit.
- Velcro closure saves time and effort.
- Pre-curved thumb help avoid eye and thumb injuries.
- Available in 10 oz to 18 oz sizes in various color options.
2. Top King Super Air Gloves – (Outstanding padding & Excellent ventilation)
Top King was established in 2010 in Thailand by one of the family members owning the ‘Twins’ brand. Due to the years of knowledge of combat sports equipment, the Top King came into the limelight just within a few years of establishment and is quite a trusted name in Muay Thai. Their Super Air gloves are the upgraded version of their base model with an additional feature of mesh for breathability and are ranked as best boxing gloves for small hands.
- Cowhide leather construction
- Offers maximum protection
- Small, snug hand compartment
- Elongated cuffs for better wrist support
- Easy to operate closure
- Attached thumb avoids injuries
- Highly ventilated
- Suitable for all training types
- Bulky look
- Difficult to clinch due to longer cuff
- Cowhide leather construction with enforced stitching at required places makes these gloves long-lasting.
- They are offered in various colors and have a tribal style design which is quite popular.
- Your knuckles and hands are well protected as there is enough padding in the hand area and around the wrist part.
- The elongated cuffs keep your hands firm for perfect punching. However, it is hard to clinch in these gloves.
- The small hand compartment fits really well with small hands while the attached thumb prevents eye and thumb injuries.
- Mesh palm maximizes air circulation and keeps the gloves dry.
- Velcro straps are easy to fasten and give maximum wrist support.
- Available in 8 oz to 16 oz sizes
3. RDX F7 Ego Training Gloves – (Quadro-Dome technology provides excellent protection)
RDX Sports was established in 1999 and has emerged as a leading British Combat sports and fitness brand over the years. Its F7 Ego Training Gloves are high-quality, technologically sound, and very affordable.
- Maya Hide leather construction
- Quadro-Dome technology provides excellent protection
- Quick EZ closure allows a snug fit and flexible wrist movement
- Special ventilation system
- Reasonable price
- less ventilation around the fingers and thumb
- Hand-stitched Maya-Hide leather (a term RDX use for artificial PU leather) construction makes the gloves tough enough to last longer.
- The inner material is very soft and comfortable.
- RDX innovative Quadro-Dome technology, with thick Tri-slab Shell-Shock gel triple padding, is far effective than the conventional layered foam padding when it comes to protection. It also stabilizes your wrist and thumb.
- The gloves are well-padded over the knuckles without being heavy.
- The wrist is stabilized through the extra-long Quick EZ Hook and Loop closure. The strap allows a comfortable non-slip fit and better wrist movement.
- Strategically placed S.P.P ventilation system in the palm sucks away all the moisture and eliminates the chances of sweaty hands. However, few users feel that there is less ventilation around the fingers and thumb.
- Comes in 8 oz to 16 oz sizes.
4. Twins Special BGVL3 – (Provide Triple-layered padding & excellent wrist support)
Since its origin in Thailand in 1992, Twins Special has overshadowed many Thai brands and is a household name today in Muay Thai and boxing world. Their flagship gloves BGVL3 have a compact hand pocket and offer excellent protection, which makes them a favorite of many beginners and professionals.
- High-quality original leather and solid stitching
- Triple-layered padding
- Excellent wrist support
- Fit snugly
- Easy wearing
- Allow flexible movement
- Ideal for sparring and heavy bag
- Heavier look
- Stiffness felt by few
- The authentic leather and the stitching stays put, no matter how hard you train.
- Triple-layered padding has a soft outer layer to protect your sparring partner, a firm middle layer, and a pillow-like inner layer for securing the knuckles.
- The thin gel padding on the palms gives extra comfort and protection and facilitates clinching.
- Wider cuff and extra padding in the wrists enhance wrist support.
- High-quality velcro wrist fastener gives wrist stability, a tight fit and is also easy to put on / off.
- The attached thumb is very secure.
- A vast range of colors and sizes are offered, starting from 6 oz going up to 18 oz.
5. Trideer Pro Grade – (Strong wrist support & Pocket-friendly)
The brand believes in customer satisfaction and develops its products after thorough research and customer feedback. Trideer Pro Grade is the most affordable choice if you are a beginner and looking for the best boxing glove for small hands.
- Faux leather offers durability and easy maintenance
- Strong wrist support
- Velcro enclosure for a snug fit
- Sweat-wicking liner
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Takes time to break-in
- Not as high-quality as few top brands
- The gloves have a synthetic faux leather exterior with a semi-gloss finish, which is very durable and easy to maintain.
- The multi-density foam is very secure, moisture-resistant and shock-absorbent.
- Velcro strap gives a snug fit and can be worn or undone in the blink of an eye.
- The ergonomic hand compartment enhances comfort and stability and allows a proper fist.
- Completely enclosed thumb makes it more secure.
- The breathable mesh wicks away all the moisture and keeps hands cool and non-slippery.
- Gloves have various colour options and come in 8oz to 16oz sizes.
6. Fighting Sports S2 Gel Power – (Great for mitt work and hard sparring)
Fighting Sports is the house brand of Title Boxing which is a famous online boxing gears’ store. Their S2 Gel Power Sparring Gloves feature exclusive Shock Suppression (S2) Gel technology along with a snug fit and other ergonomic specifications for an excellent sparring experience.
- Full-grain leather construction
- Unique triple-layered gel padding
- Secure and tight fit
- Easy to operate closure
- Not very suitable for heavy bag
- Only offered in black and white color
- The gloves are intelligently constructed using full-grain leather along with the amalgamation of Dura-Gleam synthetic material.
- The unique combination of high-density BL05S Impact Absorbing Foam, K-329 Sponge Comfort Foam and S2 Shock Suppression Gel makes these gloves extremely comfortable, highly secure and shock-absorbent.
- The S2 Gel inserts in the wrist and palm enhance wrist support and safety.
- Thanks to the moisture-wicking inner lining, the gloves are extremely breathable and sweat-free.
- The gloves are further secured through a wide, double wraparound hook-and-loop wrist closure.
- Available in 12 oz to 18 oz sizes
7. Fairtex Muay Thai BGV1-BR Training Gloves – (Ideal for heavy bag and pad work)
Fairtex is a very famous Thai brand that manufactures and exports top-notch combat sports equipment to more than 50 countries. BGV1-BR is the upgraded version of their best-selling gloves BGV1 and features additional mesh and vent holes for maximum airflow and breathability.
- Durable Leather craftsmanship
- Sufficient padding
- Snug fit without being too restrictive
- Impressive Velcro grip
- Maximum airflow and breathability
- Ideal for heavy bag and pad work
- Mid-level pricing
- Require some time to break-in
- All-purpose boxing gloves with authentic leather construction in a classic design that can stand the test of time.
- Fairtex triple-layered foam system provides enough padding to secure your knuckles and wrists and avoid sore hands. The dense padding does not deform easily and disperses the impact effectively. However, it is quite stiff and takes time to break-in.
- The shorter cuff of this glove makes clinching easier for fighters. However, the grip bar offers less clinching versatility when compared to BGV1.
- Ergonomic snug-fit hand compartment is very suitable for small hands.
- Hook and Loop Velcro closure gives a snug fit and stabilizes the wrists.
- The inclusion of mesh palm along with added ventilation hole on the fingers and above grip bar allow maximum air circulation to eliminate moisture.
- Available in varied colors in sizes ranging from 8 oz to 16 oz
8. Rival RB11 Evolution – (Provide extra wrist support & extremely comfortable)
Hailing from Canada, Rival is driven by a passion for excellence and hence is becoming one of the most established and respected boxing gear brands in the world. Although expensive, their stylish and innovative gloves are quite popular and a favorite of many boxers. Rival RB11 is no exception and is therefore included in our best boxing gloves for small hands because of its comfortable yet snug fit.
- Durable Microfibre construction
- Offers maximum protection
- A snug fit
- Unique wrist lock system and angled cuff
- Easy to operate closure
- Excellent ventilation
- Not for sparring
- A bit expensive
- Aesthetically designed with durable and breathable Microfiber construction
- The gloves have 1.25″ closed cell foam and latex padding, which is specifically designed for intense bag punching. Due to its hard, high-density padding, these gloves should not be used for sparring.
- Rival trademarked 15-degree cuff design gives a secure and snug fit.
- The innovative dual angle ‘V’ strap and ‘Wrist-Lock 2’ system keeps your wrists secure along with the extra padding on the inside to avoid any injuries.
- The gloves feature an exclusive “Airflow Control System” and 3D mesh palms to maximize the airflow and keep your hands cool.
- Hook and loop wrist closure is very convenient and offers a secure fit.
- Comes in small, medium, large and x-large sizes
9. Elite Sports Boxing Glove – (Well padded and easy to get on and off)
Elite Sports is a newly established California-based combat sports brand that offers quality at very reasonable prices. Their Boxing gloves are very lightweight, sturdy, secure and offer a great fit.
- Durable Maya hide leather
- Pre-curved anatomic hand design adds safety and functionality
- Triple-density gel and impact foam
- 3D Cooling Mesh
- Stretchable Velcro wrist closure is perfect for small wrists
- Few complaints about stitching
- The gloves feature Maya hide leather, which is easy to maintain and can bear years of punishment.
- The main impact areas, including knuckles, are well-protected with triple-density gel injected foam which shields against the punching impact. However, the thumb and the back of the hand lacks padding.
- The Velcro closure comes with a stretchable leather strap, which adjusts well to different wrist sizes, especially skinny ones.
- The 3D Cooling mesh palm improves ventilation along with anti-microbial lining, which reduces odor build-up.
- Pre-curved anatomic hand design helps make a natural fist and allows you to focus more.
- The lightweight of the gloves enhances speed, mental focus, and performance.
- These gloves are multi-purpose and cater to all ages and gender with their wide size range starting from 4 oz going all the way up to 16 oz.
10. Sanabul Battle Forged Muay Thai – (Ideal for sparring, bag work or clinching)
Sanabul has created professional-level boxing gear and equipment since 2014. Their Battle Forged series is packed with quality and performance and, as the name suggests, focuses on serious fighters. We rank the Muay Thai gloves of this series as one of the best boxing gloves for small hands because of their compact shape that is incredibly snug.
- Durable construction with a minimalistic look
- Durasoft foam gives maximum protection
- A snug fit
- Ideal for sparring, bag work or clinching
- Not as high-quality as few other brands
- These gloves are very minimalistic in design and have sturdy and durable SBL engineered artificial leather construction. The leather has a smooth feel which is quite safe for sparring.
- It has three hand-shaped layers of Durasoft Impact foam, which makes the glove very secure and shock-absorbent. The additional foam at the upper side makes it ideal for sparring.
- The inner lining is very soft and comfortable and caresses your hand while punching.
- Having a Muay Thai design, the glove is a bit smaller than traditional boxing gloves, which is suitable for boxers with smaller hands due to its snug fit.
- A secure hook and loop system keeps the gloves in place.
- The anti-bacterial lining wicks away the moisture effectively and keeps gloves bacteria-free.
- These gloves come in three colors: black, white and brown and the size ranges from 10 oz to 16 oz.
Q1. Can we put our boxing gloves in the washing machine?
No, it can ruin the leather. Air dry your gloves after every use and clean with special leather cleaners.
Q2. With a height of 5’9 and 175 lbs weight, what glove size should I buy?
For that weight, we would recommend 14 oz gloves for pad or bag work and 16 oz gloves for sparring.
Q3. Being a woman, which gloves are more suitable for me?
Since women have smaller hands and narrower wrists than most men, you can choose among the gloves mentioned above that feature small hand compartments and tight wrist closures. You can also check our review on best boxing gloves for women for detailed feedback.
Q4. Can we use Muay Thai gloves for boxing purposes?
Even though not preferred but we can. Muay Thai gloves have a smaller built and allow more flexibility for clinching and grappling. Many boxers prefer these gloves if they have smaller hands or like an extremely tight fit. However, the Muay Thai glove should have enough padding to bear the heavy boxing punches without injuring the knuckles.
Q5. Are Muay Thai gloves smaller?
Muay Thai gloves are smaller because the style of Muay Thai is typically a more close-range combat type. The gloves don’t have padding on the knuckles, but they do have thicker padded surfaces on the thumb and first two fingers as well as a thinner surface over the other fingers.
The purpose of the thin padded surface over the other fingers is to absorb some shock from blocking punches, but not too much to prevent from being able to grip an opponent’s body, head, face, or hair. This thin padding also offers a better fit for a variety of hand shapes and sizes.
Q6. What are the small boxing gloves called?
The small boxing gloves are called 10 oz, 12 oz, 14oz and 16oz. The sizes for sparring usually start at 8oz and go up to 12 oz. If you’re a woman, the best size would be a 6oz glove.
We need to look at all the features of a boxing glove before purchasing it. The craftsmanship, glove weight, inner and outer material, comfort, hand pocket size, cuff length, wrist closure convenience, breathability, etc. matter a lot in your boxing experience. We have briefly touched on the main factors below, but you should check our detailed buying guide which we listed for beginners for a better understanding.
The size of the glove is determined by your body weight and the type of training you aim to indulge in. Bigger the size, heavier is the glove because of the added padding. Although heavier weight means more protection, it also slows down your punching speed.
You can also check the size chart given by different companies for their gloves.
Top-notch gloves are usually made up of authentic leather, but since it’s costly, these gloves are usually sold at $70 plus prices. Many companies make gloves using artificial leather-like polyurethane and vinyl to lower the gloves’ cost and make them more affordable for customers. It is noteworthy that original leather is more durable while artificial one is pocket-friendly and easy to maintain.
The embedded foam quality and thickness are major features of a glove for your knuckles and wrists’ protection. The inner lining should also be soft enough to avoid any irritation on the skin. Also, the glove material’s breathability is very imperative to keep gloves cool and bacteria-free.
Boxers with small hands should especially focus on the gloves’ pocket size and wrist closure because boxing gloves usually have a bigger build. An ill-fitted glove results in hand slippage, irritation and loss your focus. A compact hand compartment that fits snugly into your hand, and allows a natural fist along with a convenient wrist closure that adjusts to narrow wrists are a perfect choice.
Final Thoughts on Best Boxing Gloves for Small Hands
Boxing is not a game specified only for tall people with large hands or long fingers. It is above gender or age or physique discrimination. Besides, boxers who have small hands have proved to be fast punchers, dodgers and blockers. We hope that you choose the right one for you from the above-mentioned best boxing gloves for small hands and have the best boxing experience.
Leave a Reply