If you are searching for the BEST boxing gloves for wrist support, but you are confused between too many options, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! So get glued to your chair, stick YOUR EYES to your screen, and stay away from that ‘close’ icon, because in the next 10 minutes you might be ending up ordering just the pair of the best boxing gloves for wrist support that you were looking for.
Best Boxing Gloves for Wrist Support
Wrist support is a vital part of boxing gloves. It provides adequate support to the wrist joint so the player can enjoy the boxing experience without hurting the joints or causing damage to the muscles tissues. In hardcore boxing, inadequate wrist support may also lead to a fracture. In this article, we have put in a lot of time and effort comparing various different aspects of boxing gloves like the quality of gloves, price, quality of wrist support, inner and outer material, fitting, pros and cons and user reviews to come up with a list of 10 best boxing gloves for wrist support for you.
1. Cleto Reyes Hook & Loop Training Gloves: High-Quality Mexican Craftsmanship
With these gloves, you can expect the quality and durability you are looking for. These gloves are produced following strict quality control and goatskin leather provides high quality. Thick latex foam padding protects your fists. Water repellent lining makes you comfortable for long use. These gloves come with a hook and loop-type closure that allows for easy wearing and removing.
These gloves are handmade in Mexico. They come with 2 inches of padding in the punch area to provide better protection to your hands. Protection from eye and thumb injuries is provided by the attached thumb. Below is a list of attributes, pros and cons for Cleto Reyes Hook & Loop Gloves that will help to understand the different aspects of this product.
- Majority of users have praised the high build quality
- Wide variety of exotic colors to choose from
- Interior is moisture repellent
- Made from Goat Skin Leather
- Price is high
- Users have occasionally pointed out tightness issues
- Offered Sizes are 12 oz. to 18 oz.
- Offered Colors are Black, Blue, Green, Mexico, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, Solid Gold, Tiger Orange, USA, White Yellow and Black with extra padding.
- Made from Goatskin leather
- Ranked #37 in boxing training gloves on Amazon
More suitable for Pros due to high quality and price. If you are looking for medium-budget boxing gloves, you should check out the Best boxing gloves under 100$.
2. Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves for Men and Women: Revolutionized gloves for training.
These gloves are manufactured keeping in view the protection, good fitting, good comfort and suitability for both men and women. The fabric on the inside of the Hayabusa T3 gloves is cool to provide hand comfort and regulate the temperature of your hands. Interlocking straps on the wrist provide secure fitting and alignment. High-quality foam ensures knuckle protection as well. A wide variety of colors are available for men and women.
There are three main aspects of these gloves that the manufacturer proudly claims.
- High quality and maximum wrist support.
- Impact-absorbing foam for knuckle protection.
- Vylar engineered leather used in these gloves is engineered for high performance.
Here is a list of attributes, pros and cons for Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves that will help to more insight into the product.
- Majority of users have admired the high quality
- Majority of users have endorsed the durability
- Adequate protection for knuckles
- Perfect Fitting
- High Price point.
- Some users have reported difficulty in wearing.
- Offered Sizes are 10 oz. to 18 oz.
- Colors offered are Black, Black / Gold, Black / Iridescent, Black / Red, Charcoal / Black, Charcoal / Lime, Navy Yellow, Purple / Black. Red / White / Gold, White / Grey, White / Iridescent, White / Pink and White / Teal.
- Made from Vylar Engineered Leather
- Ranked #7 in Boxing Bag Gloves on amazon
A good option for male and female players searching for high-quality gloves for heavy bags. If you are specifically looking for boxing gloves suitable for women, you should also check out the Best boxing gloves for women.
3. FairTex BGV1 Muay Thai Boxing Training Sparring Gloves: Designed to be memorable gloves.
These gloves are hand-made with genuine leather. They provide a tight fit in addition to great knuckle protection. These gloves are a great choice for sparring.
There is a wide variety of colors and sizes, the biggest on our list. A wide range of sizes starting from 4oz are available which makes them a great pick for kids. You can get more information about the attributes, pros and cons of this product below.
- Wide variety of color options
- Majority of users like the great fitting.
- Majority of users say that the gloves are comfortable and durable
- Kids sizes are available
- Some users have complained that the gloves are loose for smaller hands. (Check out the Best boxing gloves for small hands)
- Thick padding on knuckles contributes to stiffness.
- Offered Sizes are 4 oz. to 16 oz.
- Colors offered are Black, Black / White / Red, Blue, Blue / White / Black, Nation Black, Nation Blue, Nation White, Nation Yellow, Pink, Red, Red /White /Black, White, White / Black / Red, Yellow, Blue Jean, Black / White / Pink, Blue / Black / White, Dark Cloud, Falcon Gold, Nation Pink, Nation Red, Red / Black / White, Thai Pride and USA
- Made from Genuine Leather
- Ranked #17 in Training bag gloves on Amazon
Good to be used as training gloves and sparring gloves for intermediate-level players. If you are searching specifically for sparring gloves, you should check out the Best boxing gloves for sparring here.
4. Venum Elite Boxing Gloves: Ideal gloves for striking bag
These gloves are made from premium skintex leather. They offer long cuffs for good support in addition to reinforced palms and triple density foam, re-enforced palms.
These qualities provide shock absorption as well as hand and wrist protection. The below gives an insight into the specifications, pros and cons of this product.
- Good value for the price.
- Majority of Users find them comfortable.
- Some frequent users have found durability issues.
- Some users have experienced fitting issues.
- A few users are of the view that these gloves are not for heavy use.
- Offered Sizes are 8 oz. to 16 oz.
- Offered Colors are Black / Dark Camo, Black / Gold, Black / Pink Gold, Black / Red / Grey, Black / White, Dark Camo / Gold, Grey / Grey, Khaki / Camo, Khaki / Black, Matte / Black, Navy Blue / White, Neo Orange, Neo Pink, Neo Yellow, Red Camo, White / Black, White / Black / Red, White / Camo, White / Gold and White / White.
- Made from Synthetic
- Ranked #4 in Boxing Fight Gloves and #7 in Boxing Training Gloves on Amazon.
A very good option for male and female players looking for training and fighting gloves with high amazon rankings and a wide variety of colors. If you are specifically looking for training gloves, you should check out the Best boxing gloves for training.
5. Venum Impact Boxing Gloves: Knock them all out!
These best boxing gloves for wrist support come with triple density foam and longer cuffs to provide great hand protection and wrist support. This can help you fight longer and train harder. They provide shock absorption, large Velcro strap with 2 way closure for better protection and ease of use.
Semi leather material provides more flexibility and adds to your boxing experience. The palm mesh panel helps to keep your hands cool so you can train longer. They are ergonomically designed for better thumb protection.
Here are some more insights into this product.
- Longer Cuffs.
- Secure Closure Mechanism.
- Majority of users admire its comfortable fitting.
- Good affordable option for beginners and intermediate-level users.
- Less color options
- Not fully leather. Synthetic material used.
- Offered Sizes are 8 oz. to 16 oz.
- Colors offered are Black / Black, Black / Brown, Black / Red, Black / White, Dark Camo / Sand, Gold / Black, Grey / Black, Khaki / Black and Khaki / Gold.
- Made from Semi Leather
- Ranked #8 in Martial Arts Training Gloves and #10 in Boxing Gloves
These gloves are a good deal considering high amazon rankings.
6. Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves: Quality light weight gloves
These lightweight gloves are made from quality PU leather. There are great for all levels of players. Shock absorption, good ventilation and hand protection make them a good buy for the buck. There is a decent variety of color selection and sizes suitable for kids and adults, males and females.
These gloves have a large Velcro strap, they are comfortable and durable and great looking with an embossed logo. The price is also really great for what this product offers.
Here are some more insights into the attributes, pros and cons of this product.
- Price is affordable.
- Some experienced users are of the view that these gloves are for entry-level.
- Some users complain that these gloves are bulky.
- A few users complain of ventilation issues
- Some users with bigger hands complain of tightness issues
- Offered Sizes are 8 oz. to 16 oz.
- Colors offered are Black / Black, Black / Gold, Black / Grey, Black / Red, Black / White, Blue, Gold, Grey / White / Black, Khaki / Black, Pink, Red, Red wine / Black, White and White / Gold
- Made from PU Synthetic Leather
- Ranked #9 in Boxing Fight Gloves on Amazon
A very justified price looking at the Amazon rankings.
7. Everlast Power lock Training Gloves: Made in USA
These gloves are made in USA using premium synthetic leather to provide easy fist closure, comfort and great protection to the hands. They are great for heavy bag, mitt work and sparring. The ergonomic design naturally puts your hands in a fist position.
They offer women’s specific designs (Ward) as well which are made according to female hands and wrists. The price is also great.
Below are some key attributes, pros and cons of this product.
- Majority of users find them comfortable.
- Layered padding.
- Good fit around the wrist.
- Affordable price.
- Limited Sizes are available.
- Limited Colors available
- Some users find the thumb compartment too short.
- A few users say that synthetic leather gets a little too slippery.
- Some user find ventilation issues
- Offered Sizes are 10 oz. to 14 oz.
- Offered Colors are Black / Gold, Black / Pink, Black / White, Blue / Red, Multicolor, Red / Blue and White / Gold
- Ranked #26 in Boxing Training Gloves
Good comfortable gloves at an affordable price.
8. Hayabusa S4 Boxing Gloves for Men and Women: Beginner boxing gloves, redefined!
These gloves are a great buy for those who are looking to go for a famous brand but have a limited budget. Hayabusa has designed this product for beginners. They have a comfortable fit, splinted wrist support, knuckle protection and a mesh palm to provide durability.
They have an ergonomic design and can be used for a variety of activities from training to MMA to martial arts. All this for just 49 Bucks!.
Check out the below key attributes, pros and cons for this product.
- Low Price.
- Many users find short break-in time.
- Famous Brand for an affordable price.
- Limited sizes are available.
- Some users with bigger hands find them tight and uncomfortable.
- Not for pros.
- Offered Sizes are 10 oz. to 16 oz.
- Offered Colors are Black, Blue, Charcoal, Clay, Pink, Purple, Red, Teal, White and Wine
- Made from Faux Leather
- Ranked #17 in Boxing Training Gloves on Amazon
Good for beginners due to affordable price for a famous brand. If you looking for beginner level gloves, you should also check out the Best boxing gloves for beginners
9. Pro Impact Boxing Gloves: Crafted from Genuine leather
These gloves offer material options of high-quality PU Material or genuine leather in the same model and design. This provides the users with a unique choice for high price flexibility in the same model that no other brand in our list provides.
They provide optimal protection, comfortable and balanced fighting experience, wrist support and secure fitting with a decent variety of sizes to choose from. They are made from genuine leather
Check out the below key attributes, pros and cons.
- Affordable options are available.
- Wide price range depending on the material.
- Extra-long cuff.
- Many users find these gloves good for the beginner level.
- Some users find that padding becomes thin after regular use.
- Some users find them not comfortable for small hands.
- A few users are of the view that these gloves are not for pros.
- Offered Sizes are 8 oz. to 16 oz.
- Colors offered are Black PU Leather, Black Genuine Leather, Black White PU Leather, Blue Black Genuine Leather, Blue White PU Leather, Red Black Genuine Leather, Red Black PU Leather, Red White PU Leather, White Black Genuine Leather and White Black PU Leather.
- Made from: Both PU Leather and Genuine Leather available.
- Ranked #67 in boxing training gloves on Amazon
These gloves offer suitable options for both price-conscious and quality-conscious players. If you are looking for good boxing gloves but you have a budget constraint, you should check out the Best boxing gloves for budget constraint.
10. RDX Boxing Gloves: Made from Maya Hyde leather
These gloves are made from crack and tear-resistant Maya hides leather. They come with an attached thumb and thick padding for optimal hand protection. High-density padding makes them suitable for intense sports lick MMA, kickboxing and Muay Thai.
The Long and thick Hook and loop-type wrist support are designed to protect the player from injuries. All in all, they are a great choice for entry-level boxers.
Check out the below key specifications, pros and cons of this product.
- Well made for entry-level.
- Good quality for the price.
- Crack-resistant material.
- Limited color options.
- No elastic on Velcro strap.
- Some users find these gloves not suitable for bigger hands.
- Some users find these gloves not suitable for heavy bags.
- Offered Sizes are 8 oz. to 16 oz.
- Offered Colors are Black, Blue, Golden, Green, Pink and Red.
- Made from Maya Hide Leather
- Ranked #36 in Boxing training Gloves on Amazon
Low price is a good bargain for limited color options on these gloves if you are a beginner.
There is a wide application of boxing gloves of each type. A certain pair of boxing gloves may not be considered as suitable for a certain group of players whereas it may be the best option for another group of players. Before you purchase your pair of boxing gloves, it is important to consider your skill level, your age group, your body weight, your hand circumference and your specific usage e.g. training, heavy bag, or punching. Buying a pair of gloves solely based on one attribute such as its price or its brand may land you up regretting your buying choice.
Q. Is there any alternative that I can use if I don’t have a punching bag?
A. You can use any kind of stuffed bag.
Q. What size gloves are suitable for heavy bag?
A. 12 oz. and lower sizes are good for hitting heavy bag and pads.
Q. Why is the use of 8 oz. glove size?
A. 8 oz. gloves are best for kids due to being lightweight.
Q. What Size Gloves Should I Buy?
A. The suitable size of boxing gloves depends on different factors such as your usage, weight and hand circumference. The below table can be used as a general reference for selecting the right glove size. However, it is not recommended to use the below table as the only reference.
|Boxer Weight||Fist circumference||Recommended Glove Size|
|90-120 lb.||5.5”-6.5”||8 oz.|
|120-150 lb.||6.5”-7.5”||12 oz.|
|150-185 lb.||7.5”-8.5”||14 oz.|
|Over 185 lb.||8.5”-9.5”||16 oz.|
Q. Do boxing gloves protect your wrists?
The answer to this question is yes and no. Gloves do not offer wrist support, so if you want that, you should wear wrist wraps.
Overall, each one of the above boxing gloves has some unique attributes due to which they have made it into the best boxing gloves for wrist support. However, our opinion is that if you are a beginner, try to go for the relatively affordable options and if you are an intermediate or pro, you can go towards the higher price items while considering their pros, cons and amazon rankings, etc. Hope to see you soon in the ring!
Leave a Reply